Why we’re here
Quortum was founded when we realized that small and medium-sized companies were falling through the cracks when it came to preventing Insider Threats and protecting Intellectual Property, and sensitive client and employee data.
Most organizations toss Insider Threat responsibilities on their already over-burdened CIO or IT Department. The reality is, Insider Threats are HUMANS and the best mitigation strategies start with a holistic approach. Most initial Insider Threat detections are NOT from network monitoring, they are from observable behaviors and activities.
What we do
At Quortum we help our clients understand that Insider Threats are so much more than just an “IT Issue”. Own team of CERT-Certified Intelligence, IT, HR, and Security professionals, and our partnership with CERT, allows us to develop customized Insider Threat programs based on an organizations unique standards, goals, and environment. Our solutions serve to secure and protect any workplace from potentially devastating internal or external breaches, whether they are accidental or malicious in nature.
We work with company leadership to:
- Prevent threats from both the inside and the outside
- Safeguard all employees, data, and networks
- Streamline security
- Establish and enforce compliance
- Enhance decision making
- Empower organizations to function and grow with confidence
Why we do it
Small and medium sized companies are the foundation of our great Nation and provide jobs and economic well-being to millions of our citizens. Every company has “something” that, if released to competitors or criminals, would likely negatively impact their public perception, profits, and people. Examples include:
- New technology, equipment or process
- Competitive pricing, contract or client details
- Employee and Client Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Employee and Client Protected Health Information (PHI)
Every day, losses of this information are reported, most often through unflattering media reports, which in turn “blow up” on social media. Often, the initial reporting isn’t even accurate but it’s still the first information seen by your clients. Even large companies hit by malicious Insider Threats, such as Target and Sony, suffer from an initial backlash. Sure, they are able to recover, but many small and medium-sized companies have little chance of surviving from the loss of customer trust and revenue.
Who we are
A few things I’d like you to know about me and my 30+ years in the intelligence field:
- I spent 22-years in the U.S. Navy, all in the Intelligence field (HUMINT/All-Source), making nine deployments from the end of the Cold War to the Global War on Terror
- I was selected by FBI Leadership to serve as Team Lead for the FBI’s initial Counterintelligence Strategic Partnership Unit Intelligence Team, providing Corporations, Academia and Government Agencies Insider Threat, Economic Espionage and Counter-Terrorism Intelligence and mitigation strategies
- And prior to starting Quortum, I served as the Internal Counterintelligence Lead with a large Cleared Defense Contractor
- I am a CERT-Certified Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor and Program Manager
- During my Navy career, between and during deployments, I earned an MBA (Intl Finance) and Masters in Education (Instructional Design), in addition to my BS in Workforce Education and Training Development
- I am also a PMI-Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Licensed High/Middle School Teacher in the Commonwealth of Virginia
As a Vet-owned and Vet-led company, you can expect results focused on your specific needs. We are your partner, in it for the long haul, and want you to understand the Quortum team is on your side to protect your company’s property, data, and most importantly, your people.
After attending Mr. Alonso’s presentation, I realized the importance of keeping our company’s Intellectual Property, Data and employees safeguarded.
I can’t emphasize enough how important this is and am glad we quickly moved forward with the Vulnerability Assessment process.